1. Which of the following metals has the highest density? A. Iron B. Mercury C. Osmium D. Lead E. Silver 2. Ricket is caused by the deficiency of: A. vitamin E B. vitamin D C. vitamin C D. vitamin D E. vitamin A 3. Which of the following richest in protein content? A. Wheat B. Tomato C. Apple D. Egg white E. Yolk of egg 4. The disease caused by iodine deficiency : A. Goitre B. Pollo C. Jaundice D. Anaemia E. Night blindness 5. Which of the following is mammal? A. Frog B. Tortoise C. Crab D. Bat E. Snake 6. The layer in the atmosphere that protects earth from ultraviolet radiation A. Oxygen belt B. Milky way C. Galaxy D. Nitrogen layer E. Ozone layer 7. Which of the following metals is not an element? A. Iron B. Silver C. Bronze D. Mercury E. Gold 8. An intern for projecting images of objects is: A. Epidiascope B. Periscope C. Microscope D. Telescope E. Kaleidoscope 9. The largest of the planets known so far A. Mercury B. Jupiter C. Satum D. Uranus E. Venus 10. With which organ is the disease trachoma connected? A. Brain B. Skin C. Liver D. Heart E. Eye 11. Which of the following persons resisted the power of the Dutch? A. Pazhassi Raja B. Kunjali Marakkar C. Marthandavarma D. Velu Thampi E. Rajakesavadasan 12. The last French settlement in India was at A. Goa B. Daman C. Mahe D. Anchuthengu E. Thalassery 13. The revolution took place in the: A. 16th century B. 17th century C. 18th century D. 19th century E. 20th century 14. The largest continent: A. Africa B. Asia C. Antarctica D. North America E.. South Africa 15. Tipu Sultan’s attempt to invade the ancient states of Kerala was defeated by: A. Marthandavarma B. Umayamma Rani C. Dharmaraja D. Pazhassi Raja E. Shakthan Thampuran 16. The largest land surrender on all sides by the sea A. Borneo B. New Guinea C. Greenland D. Great Britain E. Australia 17. Where is the Vivekananda rock situated: A. Calcutta B. Pondicherry C. Gaya D. Sringeri E. Kanyakumari 18. Which country won the World Cup Football tournament for the first time? A. Uzbekistan B. Iraq C. China D. Malaysia E. Uruguay 19. The youngest women tennis player who secured the first place in world ranking A. Steffi Graf B. Monica Seles C. Martina Navaratilova D. Martina Hingis E. Mary Pierce 20. The centre of Southern Air Command of India is at : A. Chennai B. Goa C. Thiruvananthapuram D. Kochi E. Hyderabad 21. Which seashore in Kerala is famous for deposit of mineral soil? A. Vizhinjam B. Varkala C. Chavara D. Kayamkulam E. Kochi 22. The thermal plant for producing electricity is being established in Kerala at: A. Kayamkulam C. Aluva C. Sabarigiri D. Idukki E. Malappuram 23. The new Naval Academy proposed to be built in Kerala is at: A. Kochi `B. Vizhinjam C. Alappuzha D. Valapattanam E. Ezimala 24. In Kerala wind energy is used to produce electricity at: A. Neyyatinkara B. Palakkad C. Kayamkulam D. Idukki E. Thrissur 25. The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre is situated at: A. Visakapatnam B. Sri Harikota C. Mumbai D. Thiruvananthapuram E. Chennai 26. Of the following which is the most famous fishing centre of Kerala? A. Neendakara B. Alappuzha C. Kochi D. Kasargode E. Kozhikode 27. At which place was the International sports stadium constructed in Kerala? A. Thiruvananthapuram B. Kottayam C. Kochi D. Kollam E. Kozhikode 28. Which is the place proposed for the fourth airport, in Kerala? A. Kollam B. Kottayam C. Idukki D. Kannur E. Kasargode 29. Which is placed considered as the cultural capital of Kerala? A. Thiruvananthapuram B. Kottayam C. Kozhikode D. Ernakulam E. Thrissur 30. The last Diwan of Travancore State A. Sir T Madhava Rao B. Sir C.P Ramaswami Iyer C. Ramayyan D. Ragavayya E. Velu Thampi 31. The first Chief Minister of the Travancore – Cochin State was: A. Pattom Thanupillai B. T.K Narayanapillai C. T.M Varghese D. C. Kesavan E. A.J John 32. The first Jnanpith Award was received by: A. M.T Vasudevan Nair B. U R Ananthamoorthi C. S K Pottakkad D. Thakazhi E. G Shankarakurup 33. Which is the birth place of Sri Narayan Guru? A. Sivagiri B. Aruvipuram C. Chempazhanthi D. Kayikkara E. Kalady . 34. Where is the tomb of Kumaran Asan built? A. Kayikkara B. Varkala C. Kanyakumari D. Kalady E. Pallana 35. Who is the first lady fro Keral who was appointed as Governor of a State? A. Anniemascreem B. Fathima Beevi C. Anna Chandy D. Nabeezathu Beevi E. Akkamma Cherian 36. The author of Nalacharitham Attakatha: A. Kunjan Nambiar B. Kottayathu Thampuran C. Unnai Warrier D. Ezhuthachan D. Cherusseri 37. The centre of the Sankrit University in Kerala A. Thiruvananthapuram B. Kottayam C. Kochi D. Kalady E. Kozhikode 38. Which of the following books has been translated to the maximum number of languages? A. Remanan B. Chemmeen C. Karuna D. Nalukettu E. Indulekha 39. The Odakkuzhal Award is given in memory of A. Kumaran Asan B. Chempai Vidyanantha Bhagavathar C. Balamurali Krishna D. Vallathol E. G. Sankarakurup 40. In which year Azad Hind Fauj formed A. 1942 B. 1943 C. 1944 D. 1945 E. 1941 ANSWERS 1. E. Osmium 2. B. Vitamin D 3. D. Egg white 4. A. Goitre ( Affecting the Thyroid gland) 5. D. Bat 6. E. Ozone layer 7. C. Bronze 8. A. Epidiascope 9. B. Jupiter 10. E. Eye 11. C. Marthandavarma 12. C. Mahe 13. C. 18th century 14. B. Asia 15. C. Dharma Raja 16. E. Australia 17. E. Kanyakumari 18. E. Uruguay 19. D. Martina Hingis 20. C. Thiruvananthapuram 21. C. Chavara 22. A. Kayamkulam 23. E. Ezhimala 24. B. Palakkad 25. Thumba in Thiruvananthapuram 26. A. Neendakara, in kollam 27. C. Kochi 28. D. Kannur 29. E. Thrissur 30. B. Sir C.P Ramaswami Iyer 31. B. T.K Narayana Pillai. 32. E. G Sankarakurup in 1965 33. C. Chempazhanthi 34. E. Pallana . He died in 1924 35. B. Fathima Beevi. She has resigned recently as the Governor of Tamil Nadu. 36. C. Unnai Warrier 37. D. Kalady 38. B. Chemmeen 39. E. G.Sankarakurup 40. B. 1943
LD Clerk / Mental Ability / Thiruvananthapuram – 1998 SET 1 (15 Questions. 1 mark each) 1. In a certain code FHQK means GIRL. How will WOMEN be written in the same code? A) VNLDM B) FHQKN C) XPNFO D) VLNDM E) MDLNV 2. Which is the missing fraction in the following series? 2/3 4/7 ?/? 11/21 16/31 A) 6/11 B) 5/18 C) 7/13 D) 5/9 E) 9/17 3. Sasi and Suni independently complete a piece of work in 8 hours and 9 hours respectively. If they work together, how much time will be required to complete the work ? A) 12 hours B) 6 hours C) 4 hours D) 2 hours E) None of these 4. Find out the answer: 5. PREMONITION is coded as 68530492904. How will you write MONITOR ? A) 123456 B) 3049208 C) 3029408 D) 23456098 E) 77465 6. Mark the appropriate one which completes the series: 1,4,9,16,25, _______ A) 33 B) 36 C) 30 D) 256 E) 81 7. Four of the following from a group. Which is the different one? A) Camera B) Negative C) Flash D) Painting E) Photography 8. Find out the one from among the alternatives given that meaningfully suits the sentence: CONVICT is to ACQUIT as ATTRACT is to ______ A) DRAW B) REPEL C) MISUSE D) JUDGE E) EXPEL 9. Ashok is taller than Kavitha, but not as tall as Jayesh. Jayesh is shorter than Subodh who is not as tall as Prabodh. Who is the tallest of the group? A) Prabodh B) Subodh C) Kavitha D) Ashok E) Jayesh 10. If ‘+’ means ‘x’ , ’-’ means ‘%’, ‘X‘ means ‘-‘ and ‘%’ means ‘+’, then 9 + 8 % 8 – 4 x 9 = ? A) 26 B) 17 C) 65 D) 11 E) None of these 11. Four of the following five are alike in certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group ? A) Lactometer B) Voltmeter C) Speedometer D) Diameter E) Thermometer 12. Starting from a point, Raju walked 12 meters towards North, he turned right and walked 10 meters, he again turned right and walked 12 meters, then he turned left and walked 5 meters. How far is he now and in which direction from the starting point ? A) 27 meters towards East B) 5 Meters towards East C) 10 meters towards West D) 15 meters towards East E) None of these 13. If the English letter which is the beginning of the names of three English months, the English letter which is the last letter of one of the groups of four English months, and the first letter of the tenth English month are arranged in a proper sequence, a meaningful word is formed. Which is the meaning of that word in English ? A) Vessel B) Weapon C) Pleasure D) Pot E) Metal 14. How many such 7s are there in the following number sequence which are immediately followed by 4 but not immediately preceded by 8 ? 5 4 7 8 9 7 4 3 8 7 5 7 4 8 7 4 1 2 7 4 5 7 9 4 A) Two B) Three C) Four D) Five E) None of these ANSWERS : 1. A) VNLDM 2. C) 7/13 3. E) Sasi and Sunil working together complete the work in (8 X 9)% (8 + 9) = 72 % 17 = 4 4/7 4) A) 75466 5) B) 3049208 6) B) 36 7) D) Painting
B) REPEL 9) A) Prabodh > Subodh > Jayesh > Ashok > Kavitha 10) C) 9 x 8 + 8 % 4 – 9 = 65 11) D) Except Diameter all others are measuring instruments. 12) D) 15 meters towards east. 13) C) The meaningful word formed is ‘Joy’ and its meaning is ‘Pleasure’. 14) Three 5 4 7 8 9 7 4 3 8 7 5 7 4 8 7 4 1 2 7 4 5 7 9 4
1. The first effective vaccine against polio was prepared by
Jonas E. Salk.
2. World AIDS day is observed on
3. Television was started in the year
4. Where is the national Environment Engineering Research Institute
located ? Nagpur.
5. National Science day is observed on 28th February to commemorate
The day of declaration of Raman effect.
6. The science dealing with the study of the heart and its diseases is known
7. When was the first Atomic Energy Commission set up in India?
8. India conducted the first nuclear explosion in the year
May 18, 1974.
9. What does the abbreviation ANERT stand for
Agency for non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology LD CLERK –(KOTTAYAM) 1998. 10. The scientist who discovered that the earth revolves round the sun
11. ECG is an instrument used in the study of
12. Ecology is the branch of science which deals with
Balance of Nature
13. The district in which the central root research institute is situated.
14. Rainbow is caused due to
Refraction and dispersion .
15. What is the full form of LPG?
16. Leaves are green due to the presence of
Chlorophyll. LD CLERK (WAYANAD) 17. What drug does tobacco contain
18. What does talcum power consists of Magnesium silicate.
19. The main consistent of gobar gas
20. A gland known as the gland of emergency
21. The largest flower in the world?
22. The smallest bone in the human body?
23. The colouring substance present in bile
24. The hormones helps to ripen fruits.
25. Milk is an example of
26. Which sector in India uses coal in maximum quantity?
27. Who discovered Natural Radioactivity?
28. The acid present in oranges
29. The density of water is maximum in
4 degree Centigrade.
30. The material used in the manufacture of lead pencils
31. Which bird found in New Zealand is uable to fly and has hair instead of feathers and a very
32. Who found out Radio Activity?
33.The instrument which is used for measuring blood pressure?
34.What is always contained in amalgams?
Mercury L D Clerk (Kollam)-1998 35.Decimel system of number originated in:
36.Father of cloning:
37.According to WHO, the disease which causes the death of the largest number of people today
38.Hydrogen Bomb is based on:
39. Liquefied Petroleum Gas consists of mainly:
Methane, Butane andPropane
40.Diamond is the purest form of
41.The exact copy of a written or printed message is transmitted to
distant places through adevice attached to a telephone. What is
Fax L D Clerk (Alappuzha & Pathanamthitta) 42.The energy possessed by the water collected in the reservoir of a
43.Bleaching powder is produced by passing chlorine over this substance:
Solid slaked lime
44.The most important raw material for generation of power in India:
45.Maximum yield of milk is obtained from —-variety of cows
46.Deforestation causes the following:
Drought,flood and soil erosion
47.The most abundant substance on earth is :
48.The unit of power is:
49.The world famous mineral region in India:
50.The gas which causes acid rain industrial area:
lower division clerk trivandrum, khadi and village industries commission is under ...Kerala State Science and Technology Museum & Priyadarsini Planetarium invited ... Candidates willing to work in interior areas only need to apply. ... jobs.posot.in/jobs/job-lower-division-clerk-trivandrum/ - Cached
vi)Kerala Sports Act. 13. Smt. Priya Balan, Lower Division Clerk... It is housed inside the Jimmy George Indoor Stadium near the Water Works Swimming Pool. ... www.dsya.kerala.gov.in/key.htm - Cached - Similar
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
common list according to the original rank in the Kerala Public Service .... Here Typists do typing work. L.D. Clerks, U.D. Clerks, ... www.prc.kerala.gov.in/prcreport_8/chapter4.pdf - Similar
18 Mar 2010 ...LD Clerk / Mental Ability / Thiruvananthapuram – 1998 ... Sasi and Suni independently complete a piece of work in 8 hours and 9 hours ... www.pscbulletin.com/kerala.../ldc-preperation-mental-ability-questions - Cached
clerk thiruvananthapuram jobs, subject with a minimum of 3 years experience in ... given below for the office work of the CCIM on co terminus and purely contract basis ...Lower Division Clerk Kerala State Science and Technology Museum ... jobs.trovit.co.in/jobs/clerk-thiruvananthapuram - Cached
Conventional Only L.D Clerk (SR for SC/ST)-Various ... Public Works Overseer Gr II/Draftsman Gr II/Town Planning Surveyor Gr II/Water Works Inspector Gr II ... www.keralapsc.org/archi.htm - Cached - Similar
8, Probability List-Lower Division Clerk(By Transfer)-Kerala Toddy Workers ... Account Test (Higher) Part I – I Paper (Kerala Public Works Account code and ... www.keralapscguide.com/KeralaPSC_ExamResult.aspx - Cached - Similar
Short List-Lower Division Clerk(Ex-Servicemen only)-NCC/Sainik ....kerala state road transport corporation work assitant shortlist, Kerala Sub Inspector ... www.70620.com/tag/kerala-rtc-work-assistant - Cached